What are the parts of the electric motor?
No matter the type of motor, there are three basic parts: a stator, a commutator, and a rotor. Together they use electromagnetism to cause the motor to spin. As long as the motor receives steady current, the motor works.
What are five main parts of a electric motor?
Here’s a look at five main parts of an electric motor.
- Rotor. This is the electric motor’s main moving part. …
- Stator. The stator plays a crucial role in creating the magnetic field needed to drive the rotating armature. …
- Air Gap. …
- Windings. …
What are the parts and function of electric motor?
The main parts of an electric motor include the stator and rotor, a series of gears or belts, and bearings to reduce friction. DC motors also need a commutator to reverse current direction and keep the motor spinning.
What are the 7 parts of electric motor?
Different Parts of an Electric Motor and Their Function
- A power supply – mostly DC for a simple motor.
- Field Magnet – could be a permanent magnet or an electromagnet.
- An Armature or rotor.
What are the parts of electric motor Class 10?
- 3.1 (1) Armature coil.
- 3.2 (2) Strong field magnet.
- 3.3 (3) Split ring type commutator.
- 3.4 (4) Brushes.
- 3.5 (5) Battery.
What are the four parts of a motor circuit?
Every electric circuit, regardless of where it is or how large or small it is, has four basic parts: an energy source (AC or DC), a conductor (wire), an electrical load (device), and at least one controller (switch).
What are the parts of AC motors?
The main components of an AC motor are the stator, stationary outer drum, and the rotor, the rotating inner portion attached to the motor shaft. The stator and the rotor produce rotating magnetic fields. The winding of the stator that creates the rotating field is created by alternating current.
What are the common parts of both motor and generator?
An AC Motor/Generator Consists of 4 Main Parts:
- A shaft-mounted wire wound armature (rotor)
- A field of magnets that induce electrical energy stacked side-by-side in a housing (stator)
- Slip rings that carry the AC current to/from the armature.
What are the two main parts of an electric motor?
An electric motor consists of two major parts, the rotor and stator (see Figure 5).
What is an electric motor Class 10?
Electric motor is a device that converts electrical energy to mechanical energy. Parts of a Electric Motor. Insulated Copper wire: A rectangular coil of wire ABCD. Magnet Poles: A magnet as placed above ie North Pole and South Pole.
What is an armature enumerate its parts?
Armature Components. An armature can be designed with the number of components namely the core, the winding, the commutator, & the shaft.