What are the four types of disease transmission?
The modes (means) of transmission are: Contact (direct and/or indirect), Droplet, Airborne, Vector and Common Vehicle. The portal of entry is the means by which the infectious microorganisms gains access into the new host.
What are the 5 modes of disease transmission?
The transmission of microorganisms can be divided into the following five main routes: direct contact, fomites, aerosol (airborne), oral (ingestion), and vectorborne. Some microorganisms can be transmitted by more than one route.
What are the two kinds of transmission?
There are two types of contact transmission: direct and indirect. Direct contact transmission occurs when there is physical contact between an infected person and a susceptible person. Indirect contact transmission occurs when there is no direct human-to-human contact.
What are the 5 most common infectious diseases?
Common Infectious Diseases
- Common cold.
- E. coli.
- Infectious mononucleosis.
- Influenza (flu)
What are the examples of airborne diseases?
Types of airborne diseases
- Coronavirus and COVID-19. The CDC recommends that all people wear cloth face masks in public places where it’s difficult to maintain a 6-foot distance from others. …
- The common cold. …
- Influenza. …
- Chickenpox. …
- Mumps. …
- Measles. …
- Whooping cough (pertussis) …
- Tuberculosis (TB)
What are the 4 main routes for infection to enter the body?
Pathogens can enter the body by coming into contact with broken skin, being breathed in or eaten, coming into contact with the eyes, nose and mouth or, for example when needles or catheters are inserted.
What are the common methods of transmission of diseases Class 9?
- Person to Person. When an infected person comes in contact with or exchanges body fluids with a non-infected person. …
- Droplet Transmission. …
- Spread by skin. …
- Spread through body fluids or blood. …
- Airborne Transmission. …
- Contaminated Objects. …
- Vector-Borne Diseases. …
- 4.Food and Drinking Water.
What are the 3 types of transmission?
There are three types of transmissions in use—manual, automatic, and CVT transmissions—each geared toward specific needs and driving styles.
What are the 10 common diseases?
- Colds and Flu.
- Conjunctivitis (“pink eye“)
- Stomach Aches.
What are the 6 causes of diseases?
- Bacteria. These one-cell organisms are responsible for illnesses such as strep throat, urinary tract infections and tuberculosis.
- Viruses. Even smaller than bacteria, viruses cause a multitude of diseases ranging from the common cold to AIDS.
- Fungi. …
What are 10 communicable diseases?
List of Communicable Diseases
- Enterovirus D68.
- Hepatitis A.
- Hepatitis B.